Sunday Mixed Doubles League
League Dates 4pm Draw League Cost
Session 1: November 25 – December 30 $15 for members curling other leagues
Session 2: January 6 - February 10 $30 if this is your only league
Session 3: February 17 - March 24
At Cambridge Curling Club we strive to stay cutting edge. We want to offer our members all the great sport of curling has to offer. This year we want to offer our members a chance to try their skill at a fairly new twist to the game of Curling. New in 2018 – 2019 season Cambridge Curling Club will have a Sunday night Mixed Doubles League.
Have you ever wanted to follow in Matt and Becca Hamilton’s slider and give Mixed Doubles Curling a try? Now is your chance. This is definitely a different game than you are used to playing. It puts an interesting new strategy in the game we have all come to love. Here are some of the differences you can expect.
- You can choose to have your partner hold a broom, or communicate with your partner as to where to aim, and what turn needs to be put on the stone. This way you don’t need to sweep your own rock.
- Each end starts with a stone from each team placed either in the house, or as a guard.
- Winning an end awards you the choice of rock placement or to throw the last stone.
- Only 5 stones are delivered per team each end.
- Once a game, each team can choose to use a “Power Play”.
Sound interesting? Click Here to learn more.